Updated Dec 27, 2013 - 1:28 pm
Ex-Suns player pleads not guilty in theft case
PHOENIX (AP) - Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas has pleaded not guilty after being charged with eight counts of organized retail theft.
The 44-year-old Dumas entered his plea Friday. His next court date is Feb. 14.
He was among 151 people arrested in last week's roundup of theft suspects sought in multiple cases in Arizona.
Dumas is accused of taking about $800 worth of items from Luke Air Force Base's exchange store while working with a janitorial service.
Glendale police say Dumas was seen on store surveillance cameras in September and October 2012 taking cigarettes, alcohol, food, DVDs and shoes.
Dumas played for the Suns from 1992 to 1995 and helped Phoenix reach the NBA Finals in 1993. He was waived by the Suns in 1995 after he missed drug testing.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.