Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas arrested
PHOENIX -- Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas was among 151 people arrested in a pre-holiday roundup of theft suspects sought in multiple cases in Arizona.
The U.S. Marshals Service says Dumas was arrested Thursday in Litchfield Park on a warrant charging him with eight counts of organized retail theft.
Marshals Service spokesman Frederick Freeman said Dumas was charged in a Maricopa County indictment stemming from a Glendale Police Department investigation.
Dumas, 44, was arrested on suspicion of eight counts of organized retail theft, totaling just under $800, from the Luke Air Force Base's exchange store while working with a janitorial service, according to authorities.
Glendale police said Dumas was seen on surveillance cameras in the exchange store in September and October 2012 taking items, including cigarettes, alcohol, food items, DVDs and shoes.
Another employee that worked with Dumas, 44-year-old Hugo Abraham, is suspected of stealing about $4,000 worth of goods.
They turned the case over to the county attorney's office in February 2013.
Dumas was booked into a county jail late Thursday but was out Friday after posting $7,500 bond. He has a Dec. 26 arraignment and it wasn't immediately known if he has a lawyer.
Dumas played for the Suns from 1992 to 1995 and helped Phoenix reach the NBA Finals in 1993. He was waived by the Suns in 1995 after he missed drug testing.
The Marshals Service said the roundup was conducted Tuesday through Thursday by multiple agencies in the Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma and Flagstaff areas.
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?