Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas arrested
PHOENIX -- Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas was among 151 people arrested in a pre-holiday roundup of theft suspects sought in multiple cases in Arizona.
The U.S. Marshals Service says Dumas was arrested Thursday in Litchfield Park on a warrant charging him with eight counts of organized retail theft.
Marshals Service spokesman Frederick Freeman said Dumas was charged in a Maricopa County indictment stemming from a Glendale Police Department investigation.
Dumas, 44, was arrested on suspicion of eight counts of organized retail theft, totaling just under $800, from the Luke Air Force Base's exchange store while working with a janitorial service, according to authorities.
Glendale police said Dumas was seen on surveillance cameras in the exchange store in September and October 2012 taking items, including cigarettes, alcohol, food items, DVDs and shoes.
Another employee that worked with Dumas, 44-year-old Hugo Abraham, is suspected of stealing about $4,000 worth of goods.
They turned the case over to the county attorney's office in February 2013.
Dumas was booked into a county jail late Thursday but was out Friday after posting $7,500 bond. He has a Dec. 26 arraignment and it wasn't immediately known if he has a lawyer.
Dumas played for the Suns from 1992 to 1995 and helped Phoenix reach the NBA Finals in 1993. He was waived by the Suns in 1995 after he missed drug testing.
The Marshals Service said the roundup was conducted Tuesday through Thursday by multiple agencies in the Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma and Flagstaff areas.
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.