Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas arrested
PHOENIX -- Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas was among 151 people arrested in a pre-holiday roundup of theft suspects sought in multiple cases in Arizona.
The U.S. Marshals Service says Dumas was arrested Thursday in Litchfield Park on a warrant charging him with eight counts of organized retail theft.
Marshals Service spokesman Frederick Freeman said Dumas was charged in a Maricopa County indictment stemming from a Glendale Police Department investigation.
Dumas, 44, was arrested on suspicion of eight counts of organized retail theft, totaling just under $800, from the Luke Air Force Base's exchange store while working with a janitorial service, according to authorities.
Glendale police said Dumas was seen on surveillance cameras in the exchange store in September and October 2012 taking items, including cigarettes, alcohol, food items, DVDs and shoes.
Another employee that worked with Dumas, 44-year-old Hugo Abraham, is suspected of stealing about $4,000 worth of goods.
They turned the case over to the county attorney's office in February 2013.
Dumas was booked into a county jail late Thursday but was out Friday after posting $7,500 bond. He has a Dec. 26 arraignment and it wasn't immediately known if he has a lawyer.
Dumas played for the Suns from 1992 to 1995 and helped Phoenix reach the NBA Finals in 1993. He was waived by the Suns in 1995 after he missed drug testing.
The Marshals Service said the roundup was conducted Tuesday through Thursday by multiple agencies in the Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma and Flagstaff areas.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.