Suns Strokes: Curry's triple-double leads Golden State to rout of Suns
That it took 28 games into the 2013-14 season might be a surprise. That it occurred in one of the toughest venues in the NBA, Oracle Arena, was not.
The Phoenix Suns had endured double-digit road losses this season in Memphis and in Miami, but nothing like the convincing blowout the Golden State Warriors laid on them in a 115-86 affair Friday night.
Stephen Curry recorded his second triple-double -- 14 points, 16 assists and 13 rebounds -- of the season, David Lee pitched in 17 points, seven rebounds and five assists and the Warriors took full advantage of 16 turnovers in a complete dismantling of the Suns.
Even though the Suns were thoroughly outplayed Friday, P.J. Tucker managed to record his second double-double of the season, scoring 11 points to go along with 12 boards.
Phoenix played a total of 12 players, however Tucker was the only one to reach double-figure scoring.
The Suns scored a season-low 86 points on 36 percent (32-of-89) shooting from the field.
After hitting 29 three-point shots in wins of the Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix came back down to earth, connecting on just 4-of-23 from distance.
Gerald Green had been on fire of late, hitting 16-of-31 three-point attempts in his last three contests. Green finished with seven points on 1-of-5 shooting from downtown Friday.
STAT OF THE GAME
The Suns finished the night with more turnovers (16) than assists (12).
Phoenix's last loss by 20 or more points came in its 2012-13 season finale in Denver.
The Suns have not won in Golden State since Feb. 2011.
Jeff Hornacek's squad entered play Friday leading the league with 19.0 fast-break points per game. Phoenix finished with just 10 against Golden State.
The Suns will have a chance to quickly move on from their shortcomings against the Warriors, as they face the Philadelphia 76ers Saturday night at US Airways Center in the second game of a back-to-back. Tip-off is at 7:00 p.m. MST and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso