Bay Area teams uniting to whoop Arizona teams over weekend
The San Jose Sharks got the pep rally for Bay Area teams started on Friday via Twitter.
The Sharks did their part, halting the Phoenix Coyotes' comeback bid in Glendale, beating them 4-3 in a shootout.
And the Golden State Warriors took notice, applauding the victory and going on to get one of their own, embarrassing the Phoenix Suns in a 29-point blowout win.
The 49ers then vowed to do the same in an all-important tilt with the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday at University of Phoenix Stadium.
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.