Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek named Western Conference Coach of the Month
Hornacek joins Larry Bird and Larry Drew as the only people in NBA history to win the monthly honor as both a player and as a coach, with Hornacek being the first to win both honors with the same franchise.
It's Hornacek's first career NBA Coach of the Month award, and the sixth won by a Suns coach. Alvin Gentry got the honor in Nov. 2009 and March 2010, Mike D'Antoni won in Dec. 2004, Feb. 2006 and Dec. 2006, Frank Johnson did so in Dec. 2002, and the late Cotton Fitzsimmons won in April 1989, Feb. 1990 and Dec. 1991.
In all, Hornacek's is the 12th monthly selection in franchise history. Overall, Hornacek's 19-11 mark is the second-best by a Suns head coach through his first 30 games, trailing only Paul Westphal, who went 24-6 in 1992-93.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?