Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek named Western Conference Coach of the Month
Hornacek joins Larry Bird and Larry Drew as the only people in NBA history to win the monthly honor as both a player and as a coach, with Hornacek being the first to win both honors with the same franchise.
It's Hornacek's first career NBA Coach of the Month award, and the sixth won by a Suns coach. Alvin Gentry got the honor in Nov. 2009 and March 2010, Mike D'Antoni won in Dec. 2004, Feb. 2006 and Dec. 2006, Frank Johnson did so in Dec. 2002, and the late Cotton Fitzsimmons won in April 1989, Feb. 1990 and Dec. 1991.
In all, Hornacek's is the 12th monthly selection in franchise history. Overall, Hornacek's 19-11 mark is the second-best by a Suns head coach through his first 30 games, trailing only Paul Westphal, who went 24-6 in 1992-93.
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.