The Pulse: Fans say Eric Bledsoe most important to Phoenix Suns' future
The question for Saturday, Jan. 4, was, "What current (Phoenix) Suns player is most important to the team's long-term future?"
With five players from which to choose and 292 people voting, the Suns' dynamic backcourt duo of Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic were the top two vote-getters, but Bledsoe easily led the pack with 54 percent of all votes. Dragic received 28 percent of the vote.
Starting center Miles Plumlee came in third, garnering 11 percent of all votes.
The team's two most recent first-round draft picks, Alex Len and Archie Goodwin, came in last in the poll. Four percent of voters took Goodwin, while 3 percent chose Len.
Len has only played in four games in his rookie campaign while recovering from surgeries completed on both ankles in 2013. Goodwin has played in 31 games and is averaging 3.4 points and 1.7 rebounds per game while shooting 40.2 percent from the field.
It's important to note that the top choice in the poll, Bledsoe, is a restricted free agent at the end of the season. If the Suns want to lock him up for the future, they will undoubtedly have to offer him a much better salary than the $2.6 million he's slated to make in 2013-14.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.