Updated Jan 5, 2014 - 3:41 pm
Leandro Barbosa to return to Phoenix Suns on 10-day contract
Barbosa, 31, is presumably being brought in for insurance purposes with Eric Bledsoe sidelined by a right knee sprain suffered during the Suns' win against the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday.
The 6-foot-3, 194-pound combo guard broke into the NBA with the Suns back in 2003 and went on to spend a seven-year stint with the organization. He has since spent time with the Toronto Raptors, Indiana Pacers, Washington Wizards and Boston Celtics, whom he played for last season while Suns general manager Ryan McDonough was still with the organization.
Barbosa has averaged 12.0 points per game, 2.4 assists per game over the course of his 11-year NBA career. A lifetime 46 percent shooter, Barbosa averaged less than 20 minutes per game in each of his final two seasons in the league.
He suffered a torn ACL in his left knee while with the Celtics last February.
Prior to signing with the Suns on Sunday, Barbosa was playing in Brazil's NBB on Esporte Clube Pinheiros.
The Phoenix Suns are working to finalize a 10 day contract with former sun Leandra Barbosa— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) January 5, 2014
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso