Updated Jan 5, 2014 - 3:41 pm
Leandro Barbosa to return to Phoenix Suns on 10-day contract
Barbosa, 31, is presumably being brought in for insurance purposes with Eric Bledsoe sidelined by a right knee sprain suffered during the Suns' win against the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday.
The 6-foot-3, 194-pound combo guard broke into the NBA with the Suns back in 2003 and went on to spend a seven-year stint with the organization. He has since spent time with the Toronto Raptors, Indiana Pacers, Washington Wizards and Boston Celtics, whom he played for last season while Suns general manager Ryan McDonough was still with the organization.
Barbosa has averaged 12.0 points per game, 2.4 assists per game over the course of his 11-year NBA career. A lifetime 46 percent shooter, Barbosa averaged less than 20 minutes per game in each of his final two seasons in the league.
He suffered a torn ACL in his left knee while with the Celtics last February.
Prior to signing with the Suns on Sunday, Barbosa was playing in Brazil's NBB on Esporte Clube Pinheiros.
The Phoenix Suns are working to finalize a 10 day contract with former sun Leandra Barbosa— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) January 5, 2014
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.