Charles Barkley attributes Phoenix Suns' success to guard play
A guest of Bickley with Marotta Monday, former Sun and current TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley praised the job done by Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe.
"I think Bledsoe and Dragic are two terrific players," Barkley said.
Dragic is scoring 18.8 points per game while dishing out an average of 5.9 assists, with Bledsoe just behind at 18.0 and 5.8, respectively. The two are also combining for more than seven rebounds and nearly three steals per contest.
Barkley, who is in the Basketball Hall of Fame, says the Suns have some holes, but their backcourt has been enough to get some wins.
"They've got two All-Star caliber players who have played fantastic all season, and that's the reason I think they have shocked some people."
Entering play Monday, the Suns have the seventh-best record in the Western Conference and the 10th-best record in all of basketball. Their next game is Tuesday in Chicago against the Bulls, and it can be heard on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM at 6:00 p.m.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.