Charles Barkley attributes Phoenix Suns' success to guard play
A guest of Bickley with Marotta Monday, former Sun and current TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley praised the job done by Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe.
"I think Bledsoe and Dragic are two terrific players," Barkley said.
Dragic is scoring 18.8 points per game while dishing out an average of 5.9 assists, with Bledsoe just behind at 18.0 and 5.8, respectively. The two are also combining for more than seven rebounds and nearly three steals per contest.
Barkley, who is in the Basketball Hall of Fame, says the Suns have some holes, but their backcourt has been enough to get some wins.
"They've got two All-Star caliber players who have played fantastic all season, and that's the reason I think they have shocked some people."
Entering play Monday, the Suns have the seventh-best record in the Western Conference and the 10th-best record in all of basketball. Their next game is Tuesday in Chicago against the Bulls, and it can be heard on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM at 6:00 p.m.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- The DISH - March 12, 2013 - Wednesday March 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns' History.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea