Charles Barkley attributes Phoenix Suns' success to guard play
A guest of Bickley with Marotta Monday, former Sun and current TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley praised the job done by Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe.
"I think Bledsoe and Dragic are two terrific players," Barkley said.
Dragic is scoring 18.8 points per game while dishing out an average of 5.9 assists, with Bledsoe just behind at 18.0 and 5.8, respectively. The two are also combining for more than seven rebounds and nearly three steals per contest.
Barkley, who is in the Basketball Hall of Fame, says the Suns have some holes, but their backcourt has been enough to get some wins.
"They've got two All-Star caliber players who have played fantastic all season, and that's the reason I think they have shocked some people."
Entering play Monday, the Suns have the seventh-best record in the Western Conference and the 10th-best record in all of basketball. Their next game is Tuesday in Chicago against the Bulls, and it can be heard on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM at 6:00 p.m.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.