Charles Barkley attributes Phoenix Suns' success to guard play
A guest of Bickley with Marotta Monday, former Sun and current TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley praised the job done by Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe.
"I think Bledsoe and Dragic are two terrific players," Barkley said.
Dragic is scoring 18.8 points per game while dishing out an average of 5.9 assists, with Bledsoe just behind at 18.0 and 5.8, respectively. The two are also combining for more than seven rebounds and nearly three steals per contest.
Barkley, who is in the Basketball Hall of Fame, says the Suns have some holes, but their backcourt has been enough to get some wins.
"They've got two All-Star caliber players who have played fantastic all season, and that's the reason I think they have shocked some people."
Entering play Monday, the Suns have the seventh-best record in the Western Conference and the 10th-best record in all of basketball. Their next game is Tuesday in Chicago against the Bulls, and it can be heard on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM at 6:00 p.m.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.