Updated Jan 8, 2014 - 10:32 pm
By the Numbers: Suns rally late, top Timberwolves on road
But since when has something like that fazed this version of the Suns?
Gerald Green's jumper from the corner gave the Suns their only lead from the fourth quarter, and Phoenix's defense held on Minnesota's final possession for a 104-103 win at the Target Center Wednesday in Minneapolis.
Here's a closer look at the Suns' thrilling come-from-behind win:
Four different Phoenix players scored during the Suns' 7-0 run to close the game - P.J. Tucker, Goran Dragic, Markieff Morris and Gerald Green.
The Suns found themselves down six points with 1:35 to play, but closed on a 7-0 run to pull out the one-point win.
Rookie center Alex Len played 12 minutes in his second game back from an ankle injury, scoring two points on 1-of-3 shooting. Len grabbed five rebounds in the game -- four of which came on the offensive end.
Suns guard Leandro Barbosa played 13 minutes in his return to the NBA, though he was clearly rusty. Barbosa scored three points on 1-of-6 shooting and 1-of-2 from the free throw line. He also grabbed three rebounds and dished out three assists.
Suns guard Goran Dragic scored 26 points while playing 41 minutes and experiencing an increased workload without the injured Eric Bledsoe. Dragic also dished nine assists and grabbed six rebounds while turning the ball over just three times.
Suns forward Channing Frye shot 50 percent from 3-point range, knocking down 5-of-10 shots behind the arc. Frye scored 22 points to go along with five rebounds.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.