Updated Jan 9, 2014 - 3:04 pm
Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe to undergo knee surgery
Out more than a week with what was called a right knee sprain, guard Eric Bledsoe will reportedly be going under the knife.
According to Arizona Sports 98.7 FM's John Gambadoro, Bledsoe has a torn meniscus.
Acquired in the offseason in a deal that saw the Suns part with Jared Dudley, the 24-year-old Bledsoe has averaged 18 points, 5.8 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game in his first extended time as an NBA starter.
Earlier in the week, Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said the team hoped to learn more about Bledsoe's situation later in the week. Though things could be worse, this is not the type of news the first-year coach wanted to hear.
And at least one NBA star is disappointed with the news:
The Suns currently have a 21-13 record and are in the midst of a road trip that has them playing five games in seven days. Their next matchup will be Friday, Jan. 10 against the Memphis Grizzlies.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso