Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 10:02 pm
Phoenix Suns' Markieff Morris ejected in 2nd quarter vs. New York Knicks
However, he didn't give himself much of a chance to put that memory behind him, as he was ejected for two technical fouls in the second quarter against the Knicks.
Morris, who had an 0-for-4 night in only eight minutes of action against Detroit on Saturday, scored just two points on 1-of-5 shooting and grabbed two rebounds while playing nine minutes before being ejected in New York.
The third-year forward was whistled for his first technical foul after being called for traveling 16 seconds into the second period. Not even three minutes later, the referees called another tech on him after guard J.R. Smith fouled him on a shot.
Morris was due to shoot two free throws, but with his ejection, New York got to choose which Suns player they wanted to shoot the two shots in his place. Knicks head coach Mike Woodson elected little-used center Slava Kravstov to shoot the free throws in Morris' absence.
Twitter user Jonah Kaner shared this photo of the Knicks coach after he chose Kravstov to go to the free throw line with the Suns down 13:
Mike Woodson just enjoyed picking Slava Kravtsov to come off the bench and take Markieff Morris' free-throws: pic.twitter.com/WoTeuTLl3k— Jonah Kaner (@JonahKaner) January 14, 2014
Kravstov hit one of the two tosses and stayed on the floor for a few seconds -- but didn't even log a full minute of playing time.
In case you're wondering, Morris didn't switch jerseys with his identical twin and teammate, Marcus, so that he could see more time on the court -- as they reportedly tried to do in games before the two of them hit the college level.
Marcus Morris had a solid game against the Knicks, posting 12 points and two rebounds on 4-of-9 shooting, but the Suns fell 98-96 in overtime.
Markieff Morris now has eight technical fouls on the year, meaning he's halfway to the mark where the league automatically suspends players one game for too many violations.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.