Updated Jan 16, 2014 - 1:53 pm
Alex Len and Nick Young ejected as Phoenix Suns beat Los Angeles Lakers
At the 7:33 mark of the quarter, Len fouled Young across the face as he attempted a dunk. Young then went after Len and landed a punch on Suns guard Goran Dragic -- an automatic ejection. Len was assessed a Flagrant 2 foul on the play, also an automatic ejection.
"It was a hard foul," Young said. "I just reacted, got caught up in the moment like anybody would have. It was a tough foul. What I'm mad about is it was just one on five, I felt like."
Young, who said he felt bad over what happened between he and Dragic on the play, was upset over the fact that his teammates didn't join in the fray and stick up for him.
"But it is what it is. It's basketball and that's what happens."
Over with the Suns, though, there was no shortage of players sticking up for their teammates.
"I hate that happened to the rookie Len, I don't think that was intentional," Gerald Green said after the game. "Hope the NBA doesn't do anything, but if it does I'll take care of it."
Suns forward Marcus Morris earned a technical foul on the play. Len scored two points and grabbed three rebounds in four minutes. Young scored nine points to go along with three rebounds and an assist before his ejection.
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?