Updated Jan 16, 2014 - 1:53 pm
Alex Len and Nick Young ejected as Phoenix Suns beat Los Angeles Lakers
At the 7:33 mark of the quarter, Len fouled Young across the face as he attempted a dunk. Young then went after Len and landed a punch on Suns guard Goran Dragic -- an automatic ejection. Len was assessed a Flagrant 2 foul on the play, also an automatic ejection.
"It was a hard foul," Young said. "I just reacted, got caught up in the moment like anybody would have. It was a tough foul. What I'm mad about is it was just one on five, I felt like."
Young, who said he felt bad over what happened between he and Dragic on the play, was upset over the fact that his teammates didn't join in the fray and stick up for him.
"But it is what it is. It's basketball and that's what happens."
Over with the Suns, though, there was no shortage of players sticking up for their teammates.
"I hate that happened to the rookie Len, I don't think that was intentional," Gerald Green said after the game. "Hope the NBA doesn't do anything, but if it does I'll take care of it."
Suns forward Marcus Morris earned a technical foul on the play. Len scored two points and grabbed three rebounds in four minutes. Young scored nine points to go along with three rebounds and an assist before his ejection.
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?