By the Numbers: Suns outlast Lakers to snap skid
The Suns had lost five of their seven games since guard Eric Bledsoe was sidelined with a knee injury, and they again had to play shorthanded Tuesday.
Leandro Barbosa was out with a shoulder injury, and center Alex Len was ejected for a Flagrant 2 foul midway through the second quarter. Still, the Suns were able to beat a team that they should -- something Phoenix has typically done this year.
Here's a closer look at the Suns' high-scoring win over rival Los Angeles:
Minutes for Barbosa, who was a game-time decision after suffering a shoulder injury late in Monday's overtime loss to the New York Knicks.
Block by every Suns starter. Len added one of his own off the bench.
Ejections at the 7:33 mark of the second quarter, after Len fouled Los Angeles forward Nick Young across the face as he attempted a dunk. Young then went after Len and landed a punch on Goran Dragic -- an automatic ejection. Len was called for a Flagrant 2 foul, also an automatic ejection.
Game losing streak ended by the Suns' seven-point win over their division rival.
Consecutive wins over the Lakers for the Suns dating back to last season.
Every Suns starter was at least +6 for the game, and four were at least +10. Not a single Lakers' starter was in positive for Tuesday's game.
Fast-break points for the Lakers.
Turnovers for each team, though the Lakers had more assists (26) than the Suns (23).
Combined points between Channing Frye (20), Gerald Green (28) and Markieff Morris (24).
Combined points in the paint (64), a season high, and fast break points (36) for the Suns.
- Owner Robert Sarver: Phoenix Suns not trying to lowball RFA Eric Bledsoe
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.