Phoenix Suns sign Leandro Barbosa to second 10-day contract
Barbosa was signed Jan. 8 before the Suns took on the Minnesota Timberwolves. The 31-year-old guard played in four contests of a five-game road trip, averaging 9.3 points and 2.3 assists per game while shooting 37.8 percent from the floor.
His best performance came Monday at Madison Square Garden against the New York Knicks, in which he scored 21 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter.
The 11-year veteran missed the team's last two games with a shoulder injury, but Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou reports Barbosa said Friday that he hopes to be ready for Sunday's contest against the Denver Nuggets at US Airways Center.
NBA rules allow for back-to-back 10-day deals to be made before a team has to decide whether or not to sign a player for the rest of the season or to let him walk.
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.