Phoenix Suns sign Leandro Barbosa to second 10-day contract
Barbosa was signed Jan. 8 before the Suns took on the Minnesota Timberwolves. The 31-year-old guard played in four contests of a five-game road trip, averaging 9.3 points and 2.3 assists per game while shooting 37.8 percent from the floor.
His best performance came Monday at Madison Square Garden against the New York Knicks, in which he scored 21 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter.
The 11-year veteran missed the team's last two games with a shoulder injury, but Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou reports Barbosa said Friday that he hopes to be ready for Sunday's contest against the Denver Nuggets at US Airways Center.
NBA rules allow for back-to-back 10-day deals to be made before a team has to decide whether or not to sign a player for the rest of the season or to let him walk.
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?