Phoenix Suns sign Leandro Barbosa to second 10-day contract
Barbosa was signed Jan. 8 before the Suns took on the Minnesota Timberwolves. The 31-year-old guard played in four contests of a five-game road trip, averaging 9.3 points and 2.3 assists per game while shooting 37.8 percent from the floor.
His best performance came Monday at Madison Square Garden against the New York Knicks, in which he scored 21 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter.
The 11-year veteran missed the team's last two games with a shoulder injury, but Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou reports Barbosa said Friday that he hopes to be ready for Sunday's contest against the Denver Nuggets at US Airways Center.
NBA rules allow for back-to-back 10-day deals to be made before a team has to decide whether or not to sign a player for the rest of the season or to let him walk.
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.