Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 8:59 am
Gerald Green shines as the Phoenix Suns rout the Indiana Pacers
But that certainly didn't appear to be the case Wednesday, as Phoenix routed Indiana 124-100 at U.S. Airways Center behind a monster game from Green and bounce-back outing from Plumlee.
Green scored a team-high 23 points on 6-of-13 shooting, including 3-of-5 from 3-point range and a coast-to-coast highlight dunk. Green also grabbed six rebounds and dished two assists.
But, the veteran said he had no extra motivation facing his former squad.
"This is my seventh team in all of my career, I've been down this road before," he said. "I didn't change anything up. I stayed doing the same stuff; just kept my mind focused on what I needed to do as far as being solid, being efficient.
"Tonight was a good win for us -- that's a great ball club that we just played."
Plumlee scored 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds -- an area he'd been struggling in of late.
And Scola, whom the Suns parted with in the deal, scored 5 points and pulled down 5 rebounds.
Phoenix scored 62 first-half points, the most that the Pacers -- the NBA's best defensive team -- have allowed in a half this season.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.