Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 8:59 am
Gerald Green shines as the Phoenix Suns rout the Indiana Pacers
But that certainly didn't appear to be the case Wednesday, as Phoenix routed Indiana 124-100 at U.S. Airways Center behind a monster game from Green and bounce-back outing from Plumlee.
Green scored a team-high 23 points on 6-of-13 shooting, including 3-of-5 from 3-point range and a coast-to-coast highlight dunk. Green also grabbed six rebounds and dished two assists.
But, the veteran said he had no extra motivation facing his former squad.
"This is my seventh team in all of my career, I've been down this road before," he said. "I didn't change anything up. I stayed doing the same stuff; just kept my mind focused on what I needed to do as far as being solid, being efficient.
"Tonight was a good win for us -- that's a great ball club that we just played."
Plumlee scored 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds -- an area he'd been struggling in of late.
And Scola, whom the Suns parted with in the deal, scored 5 points and pulled down 5 rebounds.
Phoenix scored 62 first-half points, the most that the Pacers -- the NBA's best defensive team -- have allowed in a half this season.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.