Phoenix Suns sign Leandro Barbosa for remainder of the season
The team announced Tuesday it will keep the veteran guard past his second 10-day contract, guaranteeing him a spot on the roster as they push toward the playoffs.
Barbosa, 31, signed his first 10-day contract with the team on Jan. 8 and has appeared in nine games for the team, averaging 8.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2 assists in just more than 21 minutes per game.
This is Barbosa's second stint the Suns. Acquired from the San Antonio Spurs in a draft day trade in 2003, he played the first seven years of his NBA career in the Valley, with his best coming in 2006-07 when he averaged 18.1 points and 4 assists per game. He won the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award that season.
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.