Phoenix Suns sign Leandro Barbosa for remainder of the season
The team announced Tuesday it will keep the veteran guard past his second 10-day contract, guaranteeing him a spot on the roster as they push toward the playoffs.
Barbosa, 31, signed his first 10-day contract with the team on Jan. 8 and has appeared in nine games for the team, averaging 8.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2 assists in just more than 21 minutes per game.
This is Barbosa's second stint the Suns. Acquired from the San Antonio Spurs in a draft day trade in 2003, he played the first seven years of his NBA career in the Valley, with his best coming in 2006-07 when he averaged 18.1 points and 4 assists per game. He won the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award that season.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.