Report: Former Suns guard Shannon Brown signs 10-day contract with San Antonio
The Suns traded Brown along with Marcin Gortat, Kendall Marshall and Malcolm Lee to the Wizards just a few days before the 2013-14 regular season started. Washington subsequently released all but Gortat. Phoenix got Emeka Okafor and a lottery-protected first round draft pick in the deal.
Marshall began playing in the Development League and eventually got a shot with the Los Angeles Lakers in late December, proceeding to start 15 of the 19 games in which he's played for the team.
Despite scoring 10.7 points per game and making 107 three-pointers in his two years in Phoenix, Brown was not able find any takers in the NBA -- until Saturday.
Yahoo! Sports writer Marc J. Spears tweeted that the San Antonio Spurs have signed the former Michigan State standout to a 10-day contract. The Spurs were looking for some backcourt help after Manu Ginobili went down with a hamstring injury that will keep him out three-to-four weeks.
If Brown plays his cards right during this 10-day audition, the Spurs could sign the 28-year-old guard to a second 10-day contract if they wish and/or the team could sign him for the remainder of the season.
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.