Report: Former Suns guard Shannon Brown signs 10-day contract with San Antonio
The Suns traded Brown along with Marcin Gortat, Kendall Marshall and Malcolm Lee to the Wizards just a few days before the 2013-14 regular season started. Washington subsequently released all but Gortat. Phoenix got Emeka Okafor and a lottery-protected first round draft pick in the deal.
Marshall began playing in the Development League and eventually got a shot with the Los Angeles Lakers in late December, proceeding to start 15 of the 19 games in which he's played for the team.
Despite scoring 10.7 points per game and making 107 three-pointers in his two years in Phoenix, Brown was not able find any takers in the NBA -- until Saturday.
Yahoo! Sports writer Marc J. Spears tweeted that the San Antonio Spurs have signed the former Michigan State standout to a 10-day contract. The Spurs were looking for some backcourt help after Manu Ginobili went down with a hamstring injury that will keep him out three-to-four weeks.
If Brown plays his cards right during this 10-day audition, the Spurs could sign the 28-year-old guard to a second 10-day contract if they wish and/or the team could sign him for the remainder of the season.
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?