Report: Former Suns guard Shannon Brown signs 10-day contract with San Antonio
The Suns traded Brown along with Marcin Gortat, Kendall Marshall and Malcolm Lee to the Wizards just a few days before the 2013-14 regular season started. Washington subsequently released all but Gortat. Phoenix got Emeka Okafor and a lottery-protected first round draft pick in the deal.
Marshall began playing in the Development League and eventually got a shot with the Los Angeles Lakers in late December, proceeding to start 15 of the 19 games in which he's played for the team.
Despite scoring 10.7 points per game and making 107 three-pointers in his two years in Phoenix, Brown was not able find any takers in the NBA -- until Saturday.
Yahoo! Sports writer Marc J. Spears tweeted that the San Antonio Spurs have signed the former Michigan State standout to a 10-day contract. The Spurs were looking for some backcourt help after Manu Ginobili went down with a hamstring injury that will keep him out three-to-four weeks.
If Brown plays his cards right during this 10-day audition, the Spurs could sign the 28-year-old guard to a second 10-day contract if they wish and/or the team could sign him for the remainder of the season.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org