Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe progressing well from surgery
While there remains no firm timetable -- all parties have expressed optimism of a post-All-Star break return -- the good news is Bledsoe has not suffered any setbacks in his recovery from arthroscopic knee surgery in January.
The 24-year-old guard was re-evaluated over the weekend.
"Doctors said everything looks good," head coach Jeff Hornacek said Monday. "He's just going to continue his rehab. But, I think, because he got that OK, they'll step up his workload and continue to push him to get back as soon as he can."
Bledsoe is three weeks removed from surgery involving meniscus cartilage -- it's unclear whether it was repaired or removed -- in his right knee.
Immediately after the procedure, his leg was placed in a brace, forcing him to use crutches to get around. After a few days, both the brace and crutches were discarded, allowing Bledsoe to focus on strength-building exercises and range of motion drills.
His rehab has now progressed to the next step, according to Hornacek.
"They're going to have him do some more running now," he said after practice. "They wanted to wait on that pounding a little bit to see how he's progressing. I think he can do a little bit of that; obviously, they'll build him up into that. I think weights...I think a lot of it was manual. Now I think he can really hit the weights.
"It's going good."
At the time Bledsoe hurt his knee -- in a game against his former team, the Los Angeles Clippers, on Dec. 30 -- he was averaging career highs in points (18.0), rebounds (4.3) and assists (5.8) per game.
The Suns, after struggling initially, have won 10 of 17 games in his absence.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.