By the Numbers: Suns snap mini-skid, top Warriors at home
But if that were the case, the Suns righted the ship Saturday.
Goran Dragic showed off his all-star form in the first game his 3-month-old son watched him play, Gerald Green continued to be a reliable scorer, and the Suns outgunned the Golden State Warriors 122-109 at US Airways Center.
Here's a closer look at the win, by the numbers:
All five of the Suns' starters scored in double figures, with Dragic's 34 points leading the way. Green scored 25 of his own while P.J. Tucker added 16, Miles Plumlee scored 12 and Channing Frye dropped 13.
The Suns scored just 10 fast break points in a game that was played slower than the score would indicate. Golden State scored 11 points on the break, while allowing 15 points on 12 turnovers. Phoenix allowed 20 points on 18 turnovers.
Green scored 25 points in 31 minutes for the sons, connecting on 10-of-15 from the field and 3-of-5 from 3-point range.
The Phoenix win improved the Suns to 30-20 on the season -- five more than they won all of last campaign, and more than many experts predicted them to win this season.
Dragic went off for 34 points and 10 assists, while shooting 10-of-13 from the field and 6-of-7 from 3-point range. His 3-month-old son, Mateo, was in attendance -- the first game he'd watched Dragic play live.
Phoenix shot 53.8 percent from the field, including a red-hot 52.4 percent from 3-point range on 11-of-21 shooting.
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.