By the Numbers: Suns snap mini-skid, top Warriors at home
But if that were the case, the Suns righted the ship Saturday.
Goran Dragic showed off his all-star form in the first game his 3-month-old son watched him play, Gerald Green continued to be a reliable scorer, and the Suns outgunned the Golden State Warriors 122-109 at US Airways Center.
Here's a closer look at the win, by the numbers:
All five of the Suns' starters scored in double figures, with Dragic's 34 points leading the way. Green scored 25 of his own while P.J. Tucker added 16, Miles Plumlee scored 12 and Channing Frye dropped 13.
The Suns scored just 10 fast break points in a game that was played slower than the score would indicate. Golden State scored 11 points on the break, while allowing 15 points on 12 turnovers. Phoenix allowed 20 points on 18 turnovers.
Green scored 25 points in 31 minutes for the sons, connecting on 10-of-15 from the field and 3-of-5 from 3-point range.
The Phoenix win improved the Suns to 30-20 on the season -- five more than they won all of last campaign, and more than many experts predicted them to win this season.
Dragic went off for 34 points and 10 assists, while shooting 10-of-13 from the field and 6-of-7 from 3-point range. His 3-month-old son, Mateo, was in attendance -- the first game he'd watched Dragic play live.
Phoenix shot 53.8 percent from the field, including a red-hot 52.4 percent from 3-point range on 11-of-21 shooting.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.