By the Numbers: Suns snap mini-skid, top Warriors at home
But if that were the case, the Suns righted the ship Saturday.
Goran Dragic showed off his all-star form in the first game his 3-month-old son watched him play, Gerald Green continued to be a reliable scorer, and the Suns outgunned the Golden State Warriors 122-109 at US Airways Center.
Here's a closer look at the win, by the numbers:
All five of the Suns' starters scored in double figures, with Dragic's 34 points leading the way. Green scored 25 of his own while P.J. Tucker added 16, Miles Plumlee scored 12 and Channing Frye dropped 13.
The Suns scored just 10 fast break points in a game that was played slower than the score would indicate. Golden State scored 11 points on the break, while allowing 15 points on 12 turnovers. Phoenix allowed 20 points on 18 turnovers.
Green scored 25 points in 31 minutes for the sons, connecting on 10-of-15 from the field and 3-of-5 from 3-point range.
The Phoenix win improved the Suns to 30-20 on the season -- five more than they won all of last campaign, and more than many experts predicted them to win this season.
Dragic went off for 34 points and 10 assists, while shooting 10-of-13 from the field and 6-of-7 from 3-point range. His 3-month-old son, Mateo, was in attendance -- the first game he'd watched Dragic play live.
Phoenix shot 53.8 percent from the field, including a red-hot 52.4 percent from 3-point range on 11-of-21 shooting.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?