Suns forward P.J. Tucker issued warning for violation of anti-flopping rule
Tucker's efforts were not fruitful as James scored a game-high 37 points, including a season-high 25 points in the second half.
The third-year forward did manage to thwart the four-time MVP on one particular play, however. During a fast-break opportunity late in the first half, James was flying down the right side of the court, shedding Tucker with his right arm before receiving a pass from guard Mario Chalmers.
But before James could finish off the play with one of his typical highlight reel dunks, the two-time NBA champion was called for an offensive foul.
After reviewing the tape, though, the league ruled that Tucker was at fault on the play and an issued him a warning Wednesday for violating the anti-flopping rule.
Tucker becomes the first Suns player to receive such a warning this season. If he receives another warning, Tucker will be issued a $5,000 fine.
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.