Suns forward P.J. Tucker issued warning for violation of anti-flopping rule
Tucker's efforts were not fruitful as James scored a game-high 37 points, including a season-high 25 points in the second half.
The third-year forward did manage to thwart the four-time MVP on one particular play, however. During a fast-break opportunity late in the first half, James was flying down the right side of the court, shedding Tucker with his right arm before receiving a pass from guard Mario Chalmers.
But before James could finish off the play with one of his typical highlight reel dunks, the two-time NBA champion was called for an offensive foul.
After reviewing the tape, though, the league ruled that Tucker was at fault on the play and an issued him a warning Wednesday for violating the anti-flopping rule.
Tucker becomes the first Suns player to receive such a warning this season. If he receives another warning, Tucker will be issued a $5,000 fine.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.