Suns forward P.J. Tucker issued warning for violation of anti-flopping rule
Tucker's efforts were not fruitful as James scored a game-high 37 points, including a season-high 25 points in the second half.
The third-year forward did manage to thwart the four-time MVP on one particular play, however. During a fast-break opportunity late in the first half, James was flying down the right side of the court, shedding Tucker with his right arm before receiving a pass from guard Mario Chalmers.
But before James could finish off the play with one of his typical highlight reel dunks, the two-time NBA champion was called for an offensive foul.
After reviewing the tape, though, the league ruled that Tucker was at fault on the play and an issued him a warning Wednesday for violating the anti-flopping rule.
Tucker becomes the first Suns player to receive such a warning this season. If he receives another warning, Tucker will be issued a $5,000 fine.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.