Former Suns guard Kevin Johnson named 2014 Hall of Fame finalist
Johnson, who played in parts of 11 seasons with the Suns, was named one of 10 finalists for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame's Class of 2014.
During his career, the three-time All-Star averaged 17.9 points, 9.1 assists and 1.5 steals per game. He also made the All-NBA Second Team on four occasions and was named the 1989 Most Improved Player.
The former Suns guard, who now serves as the mayor of Sacramento, would become the ninth member of the organization to make the Hall of Fame, joining Charles Barkley (1992-96), Connie Hawkins (1969-1973), Dennis Johnson (1980-83), Gail Goodrich (1968-1970), Gus Johnson (1972), Pat Riley (1975-76), Ann Meyers-Drysdale (2005-Present) and Jerry Colangelo (1968-2004).
The other finalists for the Class of 2014 include: Alonzo Mourning, Eddie Sutton, Gary Williams, Harley Redin, Mitch Ritchmond, Nolan Richardson, Spencer Haywood and Tim Hardaway.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.