Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe's workload increases in rehab
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou reports the fourth-year guard has increased his workload in his rehabilitation. Bledsoe was seen after practice shooting 15- to 18-foot shots around the perimeter and was able to jump slightly. He was also able to do a drill where he would backpedal to a cone before taking two dribbles forward and shooting from around the free-throw area.
"They [the team's training staff] give him a little bit more every day. So he's gradually building up," head coach Jeff Hornacek said Monday. "And now he's able to shoot the ball and go through those drills. So, he's looking good."
The first-year Suns coach stressed that there's still no target date for the return of Bledsoe, who has posted 18 points and 5.8 assists per game this season on 48.6 percent shooting. The team has gone 11-10 since he was sidelined.
Hornacek added that even when the Kentucky product makes a full return to practice, it won't mean that he's ready to hit the court in a game immediately.
"He's got to practice at least probably three to four days before we can actually put him in game -- to make sure that the knee doesn't swell up," he said. "When that is, I don't know."
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.