Updated Feb 19, 2014 - 3:00 pm
Report: Phoenix Suns interested in Lakers' Jordan Hill
However, it's possible they won't find it in the player rumored to be a possibility just a few weeks ago.
The Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks have also talked to the Lakers about acquiring Jordan Hill, according to a league source.— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) February 19, 2014
Hill, 26, is averaging 8.5 points and 7.0 rebounds in nearly 20 minutes per game for the Lakers this season. For his career, Hill is carrying averages of 6.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and 0.7 blocks per game. A free agent at the end of the season, it's likely the Lakers are looking to get something for him now rather than just let him leave for nothing in the offseason.
A former Arizona Wildcat, Hill was selected with the eighth pick in the 2009 draft by the New York Knicks and has established himself as a solid role player, but has not been able to live up to the expectations.
And according to a new report, it appears any Hill to the Suns talks may have been put on hold.
Suns are no longer engaged in talks with Lakers on Jordan Hill, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. "Not as of now," one source says.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2014
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?