Updated Feb 19, 2014 - 3:00 pm
Report: Phoenix Suns interested in Lakers' Jordan Hill
However, it's possible they won't find it in the player rumored to be a possibility just a few weeks ago.
The Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks have also talked to the Lakers about acquiring Jordan Hill, according to a league source.— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) February 19, 2014
Hill, 26, is averaging 8.5 points and 7.0 rebounds in nearly 20 minutes per game for the Lakers this season. For his career, Hill is carrying averages of 6.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and 0.7 blocks per game. A free agent at the end of the season, it's likely the Lakers are looking to get something for him now rather than just let him leave for nothing in the offseason.
A former Arizona Wildcat, Hill was selected with the eighth pick in the 2009 draft by the New York Knicks and has established himself as a solid role player, but has not been able to live up to the expectations.
And according to a new report, it appears any Hill to the Suns talks may have been put on hold.
Suns are no longer engaged in talks with Lakers on Jordan Hill, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. "Not as of now," one source says.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2014
- Though surprised by Suns' success, Sarver didn't see tanking as a good option
- Phoenix Suns owner: The only question is how much we'll be paying Eric Bledsoe
- Tweaks -- not major changes -- ahead for the Phoenix Suns
- GM: Eric Bledsoe will be a Phoenix Suns player 'for a long time'
- Pau Gasol to the Phoenix Suns makes a lot of sense
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org