Updated Feb 19, 2014 - 3:00 pm
Report: Phoenix Suns interested in Lakers' Jordan Hill
However, it's possible they won't find it in the player rumored to be a possibility just a few weeks ago.
The Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks have also talked to the Lakers about acquiring Jordan Hill, according to a league source.— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) February 19, 2014
Hill, 26, is averaging 8.5 points and 7.0 rebounds in nearly 20 minutes per game for the Lakers this season. For his career, Hill is carrying averages of 6.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and 0.7 blocks per game. A free agent at the end of the season, it's likely the Lakers are looking to get something for him now rather than just let him leave for nothing in the offseason.
A former Arizona Wildcat, Hill was selected with the eighth pick in the 2009 draft by the New York Knicks and has established himself as a solid role player, but has not been able to live up to the expectations.
And according to a new report, it appears any Hill to the Suns talks may have been put on hold.
Suns are no longer engaged in talks with Lakers on Jordan Hill, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. "Not as of now," one source says.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2014
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.