Updated Feb 19, 2014 - 7:03 pm
Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker fined for second flopping violation
The NBA announced Wednesday it had fined the Suns' forward $5,000 for violating its anti-flopping rules for the second time this season.
The fine is due to an incident with 1:38 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Suns' win over the Denver Nuggets Tuesday, where Tucker went flying into the basket as if he was shoved in the back. Video of the "flop" can be seen here.
"I almost don't have words for it," Tucker said before Wednesday night's game against the Boston Celtics. "For the league to be cracking down and for that to be the first one they called since they've been cracking down, it's kind of bad I think. It is what is.
"I'm still going to play how I play. It isn't going to change nothing."
If anything, Tucker said he's bothered by the picture it now paints of him as a player more so than the fine itself.
"This is like something that couldn't be more opposite of how I play," said Tucker. "I think it's more than it shows the implication that I'm a flopper. I think that probably bothers me more than the actual fine or anything else."
Tucker was warned by the league last week for an incident during the team's loss to the Miami Heat.
The third-year forward plans to appeal the fine.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- The DISH - March 12, 2013 - Wednesday March 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns' History.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea