Updated Feb 19, 2014 - 7:03 pm
Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker fined for second flopping violation
The NBA announced Wednesday it had fined the Suns' forward $5,000 for violating its anti-flopping rules for the second time this season.
The fine is due to an incident with 1:38 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Suns' win over the Denver Nuggets Tuesday, where Tucker went flying into the basket as if he was shoved in the back. Video of the "flop" can be seen here.
"I almost don't have words for it," Tucker said before Wednesday night's game against the Boston Celtics. "For the league to be cracking down and for that to be the first one they called since they've been cracking down, it's kind of bad I think. It is what is.
"I'm still going to play how I play. It isn't going to change nothing."
If anything, Tucker said he's bothered by the picture it now paints of him as a player more so than the fine itself.
"This is like something that couldn't be more opposite of how I play," said Tucker. "I think it's more than it shows the implication that I'm a flopper. I think that probably bothers me more than the actual fine or anything else."
Tucker was warned by the league last week for an incident during the team's loss to the Miami Heat.
The third-year forward plans to appeal the fine.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.