Dragons breathe fire but don't lose their cool
Leaders do. And the best of them do AND say, calling out their teammates when need be. Dragic is getting better in terms of developing those qualities but he still does things that leaders don't do: like show a teammate up from time to time, letting everybody know a play gone awry wasn't his fault.
You can't do this and call yourself a leader.
Leaders take blame and carry that burden on their shoulders. They don't point the spiny, ruddy finger of blame at their teammates...and Dragic uses gestures sometimes to let people know it wasn't his fault while competing. And he did it to Channing Frye against Boston.
Channing was trying to get the ball to him and Goran moved over the top of Frye as he passed it and the ball went out of bounds. Dragic threw his hands out as if to say, "What are you doing? That was not me."
Can't do it Goran. Everybody knows what happened. We didnt need an explanation. Even if he did it in frustration, Dragic needs to understand that actions like that divide teams and throw team chemistry into a deep freeze.
The Dragon's fire is great and often melts any cold feelings that form when competing in an NBA locker room, but if he wants to take that next step in leading this team he needs to stop gesturing and start shouldering.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.