Suns coach: Trade deadline can be stressful for players
Even though there were no specific rumors about any one player on the team, the possibility of a move being made very much weighs on a player.
With that no longer an issue, the team can just play basketball.
"It's like that every team every year when that trade deadline comes," Suns coach Jeff Hornacek told the Doug and Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Tuesday. "Because most of the time, anything can happen."
Hornacek would know, as he was part of one deadline deal back in 1994 when the Philadelphia 76ers sent him to the Utah Jazz.
"When that day comes, I think maybe two, three games prior to that the guys tend to start maybe pressing a little bit, maybe worrying about it," he said. "But then once it's done and gone, they're happy they are where they're at."
The Suns split their first two games after the deadline, beating the San Antonio Spurs comfortably while losing a close one to the Houston Rockets.
They've done so with the same team they had prior to the deadline, which is a group Hornacek is glad to keep coaching.
"That was great," he said. "This team has fought all year long. They've got great chemistry.
"You try to put a guy into the mix right at the end of the season, who knows how that will turn out."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.