Suns coach: Trade deadline can be stressful for players
Even though there were no specific rumors about any one player on the team, the possibility of a move being made very much weighs on a player.
With that no longer an issue, the team can just play basketball.
"It's like that every team every year when that trade deadline comes," Suns coach Jeff Hornacek told the Doug and Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Tuesday. "Because most of the time, anything can happen."
Hornacek would know, as he was part of one deadline deal back in 1994 when the Philadelphia 76ers sent him to the Utah Jazz.
"When that day comes, I think maybe two, three games prior to that the guys tend to start maybe pressing a little bit, maybe worrying about it," he said. "But then once it's done and gone, they're happy they are where they're at."
The Suns split their first two games after the deadline, beating the San Antonio Spurs comfortably while losing a close one to the Houston Rockets.
They've done so with the same team they had prior to the deadline, which is a group Hornacek is glad to keep coaching.
"That was great," he said. "This team has fought all year long. They've got great chemistry.
"You try to put a guy into the mix right at the end of the season, who knows how that will turn out."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Phoenix Suns GM on Eric Bledsoe: 'I think he will be back at the end of the day'
- Phoenix Suns go all in on two point-guard lineups
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni