Phoenix Suns sign Shavlik Randolph, waive Slava Kravtsov
According to a tweet from the team, the Suns have signed 30-year-old power forward Shavlik Randolph for the rest of the season. The 6-foot-10, 236-pound forward has played for Philadelphia, Portland, Miami and Boston over his six-year career. He last played with the Celtics in 2012-13, appearing in 16 games.
The Raleigh, N.C., native has averaged 2.7 points, 2.7 rebounds and 47.5 percent shooting in 111 games played since he entered the league in 2005.
To clear the way for Randolph, the Suns waived backup center Viacheslav "Slava" Kravtsov. In his second year in the NBA, the Ukrainian big man appeared in 20 contests for Phoenix, putting up one point and 0.9 rebounds in three minutes per game.
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Phoenix Suns GM on Eric Bledsoe: 'I think he will be back at the end of the day'
- Phoenix Suns go all in on two point-guard lineups
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni