Updated Mar 7, 2014 - 2:42 pm
Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
Len, a native of the Ukraine, has recently added a special message to his purple and orange gameday Nikes: #Pray For Ukraine.
The rookie center's homeland has been rocked by massive protests in recent weeks, after Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych's administration elected not to agree to European Union deal that would have potentially strengthen the country's ties with Russia.
Yanukovych has since been kicked out of office, but the deadly protests and clashes will police continue.
When asked about the on-going turmoil in Ukraine, Len told AZCentral.com's Paul Coro the following:
"If you watch American news, they say one thing. If you watch Ukrainian news, they say another thing. In my home, I have a Russian channel and they say a totally different thing. It's politics, so I don't know what's really going on. I pray for Ukraine. I want peace."
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.