Suns guard Eric Bledsoe makes return from meniscus injury
The first-year Sun scored 15 points on 5-of-16 shooting to go along with nine assists in 32 minutes of court time in a 110-101 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday at US Airways Center. Bledsoe went 1-of-6 from the free throw line and grabbed three rebounds and two steals without turning the ball over.
Bledsoe made an immediate impact in his first game action since Dec. 30, dropping a pair of assists and scoring a layup in his first few possessions on the floor. Bledsoe received a loud ovation from the crowd of 17,902 when he checked in at the 7:39 mark of the first quarter.
But the effort wasn't enough to overcome the deficit faced by the Suns from wire-to-wire.
"It's a team we needed to beat and a game we needed to win and we didn't so it's going to make it that much tougher (to make the playoffs)," Bledsoe said after the game.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.