Updated Apr 13, 2014 - 9:16 pm
Suns 2014 Postseason Prospects: The Western Conference Race
But behind a first-year head coach, first-year general manager and 10 new faces on the roster, Phoenix has sped up its rebuilding process. While igniting the future is still a major focus, the present doesn't look so bad, either.
With a little more than a month left in the NBA's regular season, the Suns find themselves in the thick of the postseason race.
Despite stumbling a bit to begin the month of March, Phoenix, behind the dynamic backcourt duo of Goran Dragic and a healthy Eric Bledsoe, is one of four teams -- Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors and Memphis Grizzlies being the others -- competing for the final three playoff spots in Western Conference.
Below is a guide to how the Suns' postseason prospects look in what's become a wild, wild West.
|Teams||Place||Record/Games Back||Games Left||Next Opponent|
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.