Updated Mar 16, 2014 - 5:33 pm
Suns offense heats up in Toronto: By The Numbers
There was just one difference this time: They did the same.
The Suns got into a shootout with the Toronto Raptors at Air Canada Centre and they nearly held the pace throughout.
Gerald Green, Goran Dragic and Markieff Morris led the way for the visiting Suns, who stepped into 18-degree weather in Toronto on Sunday and won 121-113.
Here are some notable numbers from Phoenix's second straight win on the road:
Following the game, the Suns moved to just one game back of both the Memphis Grizzlies and the Dallas Mavericks in the race for the NBA Playoffs.
In his first six minutes, Gerald Green logged 13 points and three three-pointers. He finished with a game-high 28 points on 9-of-18 shooting to go along with five rebounds and five three-pointers.
Markieff Morris grabbed his ninth double-double of the season Sunday against the Raptors, finishing with 16 points and 14 rebounds on 6-of-12 shooting. For Morris, it was the second double-double in his last three games. The Suns are 7-2 when Morris gives them such an effort.
It was 18 degrees in Toronto when the Suns took the court Sunday. It was 76 degrees in Phoenix.
The Suns outrebounded the Raptors 45-26 on Sunday, with Markieff Morris (14) and P.J. Tucker (7) leading the way. No Raptors player accrued more than five rebounds in the contest.
Suns guard Eric Bledsoe played 29 minutes in his third game back on the court since sitting out 33 games with an injury to his meniscus. Bledsoe is averaging 30 minutes per game since returning, adding 15.3 points and 5.3 assists in that span. On Sunday, he hit all 10 of his free-throw attempts to give the Suns 14 points, three assists and four rebounds.
The Suns collectively hit 11 of 23 three-point attempts Sunday, good for 47.8 percent. Green hit five of those, while Marcus Morris and Goran Dragic each knocked down a pair.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.