Updated Apr 6, 2014 - 9:58 pm
Suns silence Thunder late, grab 8th place in West: By The Numbers
With Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and company in town, the challenge of capitalizing on an earlier loss by the Memphis Grizzlies looked tall, but Gerald Green, P.J. Tucker and Goran Dragic were up for it, pouring in a combined 77 points, thanks to nine three-pointer between them.
The Suns would stave off a late Thunder rally in the 122-115 win.
Here's a closer look at the eye-opening win, by the numbers:
Just five games remain on the Suns schedule and four of those are on the road. Next up is a trip to New Orleans to face the Pelicans, and road games against the Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs and the Sacramento Kings. Their one remaining home game will be against the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday, April 14.
The Suns managed to hold the visiting Thunder to just seven fast break points on the night.
The Suns stand alone in 8th place in the West after Sunday's win. Check out their chances, remaining home and away games, and that of the Memphis Grizzlies, Dallas Mavericks and Golden State Warriors here.
The Suns closed the game on an 11-4 run over the last 2:39 of the game. They trailed by no more than five all night and their largest deficit came in the first quarter.
Goran Dragic logged 26 points on 11-of-19 shooting Sunday. Amazingly, 19 of his points came in the second quarter.
P.J. Tucker scored a career-high 22 points against the Thunder, adding seven rebounds, three assists and two steals to his effort, which was fueled by a 4-of-5 three-point shooting performance.
Gerald Green also caught fire, hitting 5-of-7 three-point attempts to finish the night with 24 points.
Despite getting 18 points and recording a team-best +11 in the plus-minus column, Eric Bledsoe shot just 55 percent from the line Sunday, only converting six of 11 free-throw attempts.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.