Wrong. This is who they have been, are and, apparently, will be in the future -- until their leadership matures.
I don't rip professional athletes for having bad games because I know it happens; I rip professional athletes for lack of effort and lack of preparedness. What we saw in New Orleans is what happens when you don't respect your opponent and the nature of competition. And if you don't respect the nature of competition -- when there's a capable man confronting you, trying to keep you from doing your job -- you are doomed.
The Suns did not respect the Pelicans. It's that simple.
They played a horrible first half and the start to the third-quarter (0-7 from the field) wasn't much better. It was as bad as I've seen this team play. But we should have seen this coming. No Eric Gordon + no Anthony Davis = no intensity, no defense, no paint presence, no energy.
But they won. And this is what they've done all year. I doubt it's going to change anytime soon. Let's hope a Suns playoff berth doesn't come down to beating Sacramento in game #82 of the season.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.