Updated May 20, 2014 - 1:52 pm
Suns' playoff hopes down to one scenario
With that said, following back-to-back crushing losses to the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks, the road to their first postseason appearance since 2009-10 will not be an easy one.
Not only does Phoenix need to win both of its remaining two games, but it also needs help from an unlikely ally.
Below is the only scenario that would push the Suns into the playoffs past the Memphis Grizzlies for the final spot in the Western Conference.
Phoenix's only hope:
Win both of their final two games against the Grizzlies on Monday and the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday.
Lose both of their remaining games, at the Suns on Monday and at home against Dallas on Wednesday.
Unfortunately, Memphis isn't likely to hold up its end of the bargain. Even if the Suns top the Grizzlies on Monday, the Mavericks would have nothing to play for against Memphis on Wednesday, already having the seventh seed clinched by virtue of a tiebreaker.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.