Updated Apr 15, 2014 - 4:36 pm
National consensus: Phoenix Suns are just getting started
That is not the case with the Phoenix Suns, who were beaten by the Memphis Grizzlies Tuesday night, sealing their fate for another playoff-less campaign. However, national pundits are applauding the Suns for their amazing improvement in 2013-14, a year in which they were projected to be one of the worst teams in the NBA.
Here's a sampling of what some national basketball analysts are saying about the Suns' bounce-back campaign.
They should give the Suns the No. 1 pick, just for being so un-tanky— J.A. Adande (@jadande) April 15, 2014
Suns have all the franchise momentum, along w/ tons of picks, assets and cap space plus a bit more hunger for next season. It's all good.— Seth Pollack (@sethpo) April 15, 2014
Suns have seven guys 25 or younger, three 2014 first-rounders, Coach of the Year candidate, Executive of the Year candidate. Bright future.— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) April 15, 2014
Phoenix has the non-Pop COY, 11,000 draft picks, two stud guards and a world of talent. Future is solar. Outstanding season, Phoenix.— Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) April 15, 2014
Goes against everything I believe in, but I'd advocate a temporary change to the playoff system just to see the @Suns keep playing this year— Sekou Smith (@SekouSmithNBA) April 15, 2014
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.