Updated Apr 15, 2014 - 4:36 pm
National consensus: Phoenix Suns are just getting started
That is not the case with the Phoenix Suns, who were beaten by the Memphis Grizzlies Tuesday night, sealing their fate for another playoff-less campaign. However, national pundits are applauding the Suns for their amazing improvement in 2013-14, a year in which they were projected to be one of the worst teams in the NBA.
Here's a sampling of what some national basketball analysts are saying about the Suns' bounce-back campaign.
They should give the Suns the No. 1 pick, just for being so un-tanky— J.A. Adande (@jadande) April 15, 2014
Suns have all the franchise momentum, along w/ tons of picks, assets and cap space plus a bit more hunger for next season. It's all good.— Seth Pollack (@sethpo) April 15, 2014
Suns have seven guys 25 or younger, three 2014 first-rounders, Coach of the Year candidate, Executive of the Year candidate. Bright future.— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) April 15, 2014
Phoenix has the non-Pop COY, 11,000 draft picks, two stud guards and a world of talent. Future is solar. Outstanding season, Phoenix.— Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) April 15, 2014
Goes against everything I believe in, but I'd advocate a temporary change to the playoff system just to see the @Suns keep playing this year— Sekou Smith (@SekouSmithNBA) April 15, 2014
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.