Updated Apr 24, 2014 - 11:07 am
Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
Tuesday, Jeff Hornacek finished second in the NBA Coach of the Year voting.
Wednesday, guard Goran Dragic was named the league's Most Improved Player.
And Thursday, forward Channing Frye finished third in the NBA Sportsmanship Award voting, with Memphis Grizzlies guard Mike Conley winning the award. Frye received a total of 1,971 points, just 56 points out of second place.
The NBA will make a $10,000 donation on behalf of Conley to his charity of choice, the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, specifically for research pertaining to sickle cell anemia.
Frye was the Pacific Division's winner and one of six finalaists, including Boston's Jeff Green (Atlantic), Chicago's Mike Dunleavy (Central), Portland's Damian Lillard (Northwest) and Washington's Bradley Beal (Southeast).
The league will make a $5,000 donation to the Frye Family Foundation on behalf of the Suns veteran.
The award is voted on by NBA players.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.