The Pulse: Suns are primed for Valley's biggest offseason
Recently, we asked which Phoenix-area team will make the biggest offseason splash as it looks to make a playoff push in the upcoming season.
Your options: The Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Coyotes and other.
The responses show that Phoenix is putting its support behind the Suns -- though not by much.
Almost 55 percent of the 515 votes submitted chose the upstart Suns as their pick, with 39 percent opting for the Arizona Cardinals. Just 5 percent selected the Coyotes, and 2 percent chose other.
The Suns, led by first-year coach Jeff Hornacek, put together a surprising 2013-14 campaign in which they won 48 games and finished just one game out of the playoff after being pinned as one of the league's worst team during the preseason.
The Cardinals are also coming off of a surprising year led by a new coach, after winning 10 games in Bruce Arians' first season in Arizona.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.