Updated May 7, 2014 - 8:43 am
Phoenix Suns' Ryan McDonough finishes second in NBA Executive of the Year voting
San Antonio Spurs GM R.C. Buford won the award for the first time in his career.
McDonough oversaw a vast roster overhaul that helped the Suns improve from 25 wins in 2012-13 to 48 wins this season -- the biggest improvement in the NBA.
The former Boston Celtics assistant general manager hit the ground running in his first year on the job, engineering trades to acquire Eric Bledsoe from the Los Angeles Clippers and Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee from the Indiana Pacers.
He has also successfully stockpiled draft picks; the Suns currently own three first-round selections in June's NBA Draft.
McDonough received five of a possible 30 first-place votes, six second-place votes and four third-place tallies.
Neil Olshey of the Portland Trail Blazers finished third in the balloting.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Owner Robert Sarver: Phoenix Suns not trying to lowball RFA Eric Bledsoe
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.