Hornacek: Stars separate playoff teams from Suns
When asked what separates playoff teams from the Suns during the Doug and Wolf show on Arizona Sports 98.7, coach Jeff Hornacek said "stars" were the difference.
"All these teams have perennial all-stars," Hornacek said. "We're trying to find those guys. We're trying to develop some of them. We've got a couple guys on the team that might take that next step."
The Suns didn't have an all-star in the 2013-2014 season, but guard Goran Dragic possesses that potential after being named the NBA's Most Improved Player. Dragic scored a career-high 20.3 points per game last season and had 5.9 assists.
Teammate Eric Bledsoe flashed signs of promise as well, scoring 17.7 points and 5.5 assists in 43 games. The Suns still need to focus on re-signing Bledsoe, who is a restricted free agent.
"Most of these teams have one main guy that you can go to all the time when things (are) on the line and have them either make the shot or make a great play," Hornacek said. "We'll find that guy and we'll try to develop (him). We have some promising guys, Goran and Eric and maybe Markieff (Morris)."
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.