SBNation NBA writer: Suns guard Eric Bledsoe fourth-best free agent on the market
From LeBron James to Carmelo Anthony to Paul Pierce and Dirk Nowitzki, there will be no shortage of intrigue this summer when it comes to the league's household names -- restricted and unrestricted.
But in his ranking of the 75 free agents this year, SBNation NBA writer Tom Ziller included a name toward the top of the list that lacks nationwide notoriety.
Despite being limited to just 43 games in 2013-14, Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe came in at number four on Ziller's list -- sandwiched between Anthony and Dwyane Wade.
Bledsoe, a restricted free agent come July 1, averaged career highs in points (17.7), assists (5.5), rebounds (4.7) and steals (1.6) per game with Phoenix.
Acquired in a three-way deal with the Los Angeles Clippers and Milwaukee Bucks in July 2013, Bledsoe can sign an offer sheet with any team seeking his services, but ultimately the Suns have the ability to match any deal.
The question is how much money will Bledsoe be offered on the open market?
GM Ryan McDonough is doing the whole "we're keeping him, no doubt about it" signal to scare off other teams, and it's worth noting that Bledsoe is a player he brought to the team. He's likely not bluffing.
It's pretty clear that it will cost the Suns a max deal to keep him, so we could very well see a quiet agreement reached on July 1. Is Bledsoe worth that? Probably, but that's what we'll find out over the next five years.
In 2013-14, the final year of his four-year rookie contract, Bledsoe made $2.6 million.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.