Updated Jun 26, 2014 - 10:10 pm
Suns take Serbian guard Bogdan Bogdanovic with the No. 27 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft
With the No. 27 pick, the Suns took Serbian guard Bogdan Bogdanovic.
The 6-foot-6 guard has played the last two seasons in the Euroleague with Partizan Belgrade.
In 2013-14, Bogdanovic averaged 14.8 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists with Partizan.
For his efforts, the newest Sun was named the 2014 Euroleague Rising Star.
"Bogdan Bogdanovic is one of the top young players in Europe," Suns general manager Ryan McDonough said Thursday. "He's about 6-foot-6 with good strength. He's very productive in the Adriatic League and the Euroleague, as well.
"He's a fairly proven commodity for a 22-year-old player. We anticipate he'll return to Europe and play for Partizan in Belgrade, Serbia."
While Bogdanovic is not expected to suit up for the Suns in 2014-15, McDonough added that the team will retain his rights.
"We feel he has a good chance to be an NBA rotation player sometime down the road," said McDonough.
Since it's inception in 1968, Phoenix had never made three first round selections.
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.