Updated Jul 10, 2014 - 4:43 pm
Phoenix Suns keep P.J. Tucker on three-year deal
PJ Tucker has resigned with the Phoenix Suns for 3 years and $16.5 million. Congrats PJ!!!!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) July 10, 2014
Tucker, 29, started 81 games for the Suns in 2013-14 and averaged a career-high 9.4 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.4 steals in 30.7 minutes.
He continued to emerge as the team's defensive stopper, often times taking on the challenge of defending the opponent's best scorer. At 6-foot-6 and 224 pounds with good athleticism, Tucker has the size and ability to guard anyone from point guards to power forwards.
In 2012-13, Tucker started 45 games, averaging 6.4 points and 4.4 rebounds in 24.2 minutes.
Prior to 2012-13, Tucker spent five seasons overseas playing professional basketball for teams in Israel, Ukraine, Greece, Italy and Germany.
Tucker was the No. 35 pick in the 2006 NBA Draft. He lasted part of one season in the NBA before getting sent to the D-League and being waived.
In 2012, Tucker returned to the NBA when the Suns signed him on a two-year contract.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.