Updated Jul 7, 2014 - 12:55 pm
Phoenix Suns announce Summer League roster
The team released its roster, and it includes four first-round picks from the last two NBA Drafts in Alex Len, Archie Goodwin, T.J. Warren and Tyler Ennis, as well as Miles Plumlee.
The Summer Suns will also have guards David Stockton, Elias Harris, Seth Curry, Dionte Christmas and Taylor Braun, along with forward Alex Oriakhi and center Alec Brown.
The Suns' 12-man summer league roster features six rookies and five second-year players. Plumlee is the only player with significant NBA experience. He started 79 games for the Suns last season and averaged 8.1 points and 7.8 rebounds.
Len, the No. 5 pick in 2013, appeared in just 42 games during his rookie season, averaging 8.6 minutes and 2.0 points.
The 19-year-old Goodwin scored 3.7 points on 45.5 shooting in 10.3 minutes last season with the Suns.
The Suns can only hope Stockton, son of Hall of Fame point guard John Stockton, and Curry, brother of Warriors point guard Stpehen Curry, have the same basketball genes as their family members.
Stockton spent five seasons at Gonzaga, becoming a full-time starter in the fifth. Curry also was a five-year college player, starting out at Liberty before becoming teammates with Plumlee at Duke.
Harris played collegiality at Gonzaga, where he was a four-year teammate with Stockton. He averaged 13.8 points and 7.3 rebounds with the Bulldogs.
Christmas, 27, is the oldest player on the Suns' summer roster. Although most of Christmas' professional experience has come overseas, he played in 31 games with the Suns last season.
The team will be coached by Suns assistant Mike Longabardi, and its first game will be played on Saturday, July 12, against the Golden State Warriors.
Prior to leaving for Vegas, the Suns will hold six practices from July 8-10 at the US Airways Center.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.