Updated Jul 4, 2014 - 12:46 pm
Report: Phoenix Suns owner Sarver meets with LeBron James' agent in Cleveland
ESPN NBA reporter Chris Broussard tweeted Thursday that owner Robert Sarver met with LeBron James' agent Rich Paul Wednesday in Cleveland, which is another destination the four-time MVP is considering. Paul is also the agent for Suns restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe.
Last weekend, Yahoo! Sports reported that the Suns wanted to make a joint pitch to James and seven-time All-Star Carmelo Anthony, both of whom have opted out of their contracts.
Broussard said that teaming James and Anthony was discussed Wednesday, but he also said that Sarver talked about pairing James with his Miami Heat teammate Chris Bosh in Phoenix.
Bosh averaged 16.2 points and 6.6 rebounds in the regular season last year with Miami, his 11th in the league. Bosh, Anthony and James were all taken in the 2003 NBA Draft, comprising three of the top four picks.
Broussard's tweet is the first to mention a Bosh-to-Phoenix scenario.
The Suns are one of four teams to have met with James' agent up until this point -- Cleveland, Houston and Dallas being the others -- in Cleveland, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports said on Twitter Thursday that three finalists could return to Cleveland next to make presentations to James' agent and the superstar himself. The Yahoo! reporter did not say which three have been chosen.
The Suns have been active in free agency all week. They've expressed interest in small forward Gordon Hayward and power forward Pau Gasol, and Thursday the team brought center Spencer Hawes into Phoenix for a meeting.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.